The 2013 EU anti-corruption report demonstrated corruption is a persistent problem across the 28 member states of the European Union and that urgent action is needed.
Throughout the mandate of the next European Parliament (2014-2019) I am committed to fighting corruption and promoting transparency, accountability and integrity in EU institutions, policies and legislation.
Specifically, I commit myself to working in consultation with civil society and others to achieve the following aims:
- The governance and law-making of EU institutions will become a global model of transparency, accountability and integrity, establishing the highest standards. I/we commit to upholding both the letter and spirit of the Code of Conduct for MEPs and will publish a ‘legislative footprint’ that will be attached to any report that I am responsible for drafting in my in office.
- The EU will promote greater integrity and transparency in public spending. It will ensure that all information on EU funds is published in a manner that is easily accessible and usable by citizens, for example by conforming to open data principles. EU public procurement rules will take account of open contracting principles and have effective methods to deal with conflicts of interest. This applies to spending by EU and national bodies.
- The EU will promote initiatives and legislation that will provide effective protection to whistleblowers in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
List of signatures
- 18 Jurgita Choromanskytė, Lithuania (PDF)
- 16 Jūratė Mažeikytė, Lithuania (PDF)
- 14 Joana Tamkevičiūtė, Lithuania (PDF)
- 12 Gintaras Steponavičius, Lithuania (PDF)
- 10 Danutė Budreikaitė, Lithuania (PDF)
- 8 Dainius Kepenis, Lithuania (PDF)
- 6 Arminas Lydeka, Lithuania (PDF)
- 4 Ralf-Peter Hässelbarth, Germany (PDF)
- 2 Sabine Lösing, Germany (PDF)
- 17 Kęstutis Masiulis, Lithuania (PDF)
- 15 Juozas Dapšauskas , Lithuania (PDF)
- 13 Iveta Skurvydienė, Lithuania (PDF)
- 11 Edmundas Pupinis, Lithuania (PDF)
- 9 Danguolė Saldžiūnienė, Lithuania (PDF)
- 7 Arminas Mockevičius, Lithuania (PDF)
- 5 Fabio de Masi, Germany (PDF)
- 3 Joachim Schuster, Germany (PDF)
- 1 Kerstin Westphal, Germany (PDF)